Based in Guildford, United Kingdom
21st February 2018
Abandon Ship is a PC game where you take command of an ‘Age of Sail’ ship and her crew, exploring a vast, story-filled world that reacts to your decisions. Engage enemy vessels, fortifications and sea monsters in brutal tactical combat, all framed in an art style inspired by classic Naval Oil Paintings.
- Discover a huge amount of unique, story-filled islands across diverse biomes and themed areas: Fight ghost ships in the Haunted Seas. Ward off giant arachnids in the Spider Islands. Regions filled with poisonous gas, icebergs, cannibals and much more await.
- Explore a fantasy world that reacts to your actions. Engage in piracy and become a hunted Captain. Undertake quests that may drastically change the environment – or the entire world. Make decisions that create allies or enemies that return to help or seek vengeance.
- Battle enemy ships, fortifications and sea monsters in vicious tactical combat, employing your best tactics to out-manoeuvre and out-gun the enemy.
- Weather and environmental conditions affect your battles: Tidal waves, lightning strikes, volcanic bombardments and blizzards are just some of the modifiers that impact your strategy.
- Dozens of diverse weapons and upgrades are available to utilise on the various ship classes you can acquire. Customise your vessels appearance by capturing enemy ships intact. Your trusty crew gain experience and traits to help provide an edge over the enemy.
- Ship Destruction is not the End. Life in the world of Abandon Ship can be brutal. Death is permanent. But the game doesn’t end if your vessel is destroyed. You are the Captain, and as long as the Captain is alive, there is always hope. By escaping to a Lifeboat, or even being stranded, alone in the water, there is still a chance to survive and fight your way back to the top.
- Play multiple stories, including the main campaigns tale of overthrowing a Cthulhu-esque Cult, a Freeplay mode about rebuilding the legacy of your forebears, and shorter tales, such as the combat campaign focused on rescuing your sister, or Sword of the Cult, where you play as one of Father’s children, climbing the ranks until you’re granted the ultimate weapon: The Kraken.
Full Release YouTube
Major Update 06: Sword of the Cult YouTube
Major Update 05: The Spider Islands YouTube
Major Update 04: Shattered Empire Trailer YouTube
Major Update 03: The Haunted Seas Trailer YouTube
Major Update 02: The Perilous Bounty Trailer YouTube
Major Update 01: Treasures of the Deep Trailer YouTube
Early Access Launch Trailer YouTube
Release Date Announcement Trailer YouTube
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Full Release (added October 2019)
Major Update: Sword of the Cult (added July 2019)
Major Update: The Spider Islands (added May 2019)
Major Update: Shattered Empire (added January 2019)
Major Update: The Haunted Seas (added October 2018)
Major Update: The Perilous Bounty (added August 2018)
YouTube Key Art
A large selection of key art is included in the zip file that would make suitable YouTube thumbnails, or for use in articles. A small selection is shown below as an example.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Develop Conference 2017 Indie Showcase People's Choice Award Winners."
- "Develop Conference 2017 Indie Showcase Shortlist."
- "The MIX GDC 2017 Showcase Finalist."
- "UK Games Fund Awards 2018 Finalist."
- "Lisbon Games Week 2018 Indie X Finalist."
- "UK Games Fund Awards 2019 Finalist."
- "Abandon Ship, in other words, is a game that plays with FTL's winning formula in some very clever ways. It eases off on certain elements, allowing you to look around and get a sense of exploration, while ramping up the intensity of other elements. It's a game that makes you stop and really think about certain parts of your journey, while relying on gut instinct to see you through others. For something that's just launched in Early Access it's remarkably well realised, and I look forward to seeing how shipshape it is once the voyage to completion is finally done."
- Johnny Chiodini, Eurogamer
Fireblade Software allows for the contents of Abandon Ship to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Abandon Ship is legally & explicitly allowed by Fireblade Software. This permission can be found in writing at http://abandonshipgame.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=abandon_ship.
About Fireblade Software
Fireblade Software is an Indie Developer comprised of Industry Veterans and exciting new talent. Several team members have worked together previously, and combined have decades of experience with dozens of released titles between them. We're gamers, so we make the sort of games that we would want to play.
More information on Fireblade Software, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Abandon Ship Credits
Biz Dev, Designer, Project Lead, Fireblade Software Ltd
Technical Lead, Fireblade Software Ltd
Music Composer, Lead VFX, Freelancer
3D Art, Animation, GUI, Concept, Freelancer
Lead Audio Designer, Freelancer
Narrative Designer, Freelancer