Based in Guildford, United Kingdom
21st February 2018
Abandon Ship is a single-player PC game where you take command of a ship and her crew, exploring a diverse, procedurally generated world, taking on quests and dealing with random events. Frequently, you will end up engaging other ships in combat, the player having to employ their best tactics in order to out-manoeuvre and out-gun the enemy. The game focuses on “Age of Sail” ships in a Fantasy setting, framed in an Art Style inspired by classic Naval Oil Paintings.
Abandon Ship exists for two reasons. The team want to make their own games, beholden only to themselves and the Games-Playing public. But also because they want to make games that they would play themselves in their own time. We always wondered why a game didn't exist that combined the Tactical combat of games like FTL with the exploration mechanics of titles such as Sunless Sea, all wrapped up in an "Age of Sail" setting. That sounds awesome, right? As development progressed, we felt that Abandon Ship deserved an Art Style to match the dramatic tone of the game, and the Classic Naval Oil Painting style was a perfect thematic fit. We struggled to think of a game with similar artistic inspirations as artists like Turner, Ivan Aivazovsky, Willem Velde, James Wilson Carmichael and Ebenezer Colls (plus many more), so we believe this has provided Abandon Ship with a unique visual identity.
- Tactical and Savage Combat. Each battle is hard-fought, always on the edge of defeat. Your only chance of overcoming the odds is to employ every advantage you can and utilise all the tools at your disposal.
- Ship Destruction is not the End. Life in the world of Abandon Ship can be brutal. Death is permanent. But the game doesn’t end if your vessel is destroyed. You are the Captain, and as long as the Captain is alive, there is always hope. By escaping to a Lifeboat, or even being stranded, alone in the water, there is still a chance to survive and fight your way back to the top.
- Explore a procedurally generated world from Tropics to Arctics. Engage in quests or deal with incidental events on your journey to save the world from a Doomsday Cult.
- A Personal Adventure. Customise and upgrade your Captain, Ship and Crew. Build yourself to be worthy of any foe, whether that be human or otherwise. But be prepared to make moment-to-moment life-or-death decisions for you and your crew.
- Take on adventures in a world that reacts to your actions. Quests may drastically change the environment. Make decisions that create friends or enemies that may later come back to help or hinder you.
Release Date Announcement Trailer YouTube
Exploration Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Sea Monsters & Doomsday Cults Trailer YouTube
Combat Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Developer Let's Play YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Develop Conference 2017 Indie Showcase People's Choice Award Winners."
- "Develop Conference 2017 Indie Showcase Shortlist."
- "The MIX GDC 2017 Showcase Finalist."
Fireblade Software allows for the contents of Abandon Ship to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Abandon Ship is legally & explicitly allowed by Fireblade Software. This permission can be found in writing at http://abandonshipgame.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=abandon_ship.
About Fireblade Software
Fireblade Software is an Indie Developer comprised of Industry Veterans and exciting new talent. Several team members have worked together previously, and combined have decades of experience with dozens of released titles between them. We're gamers, so we make the sort of games that we would want to play.
More information on Fireblade Software, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Abandon Ship Credits
Biz Dev, Designer, Project Lead, Fireblade Software Ltd
Technical Lead, Fireblade Software Ltd
Music Composer, Lead VFX, Freelancer
3D Art, Animation, GUI, Concept, Freelancer
Lead Audio Designer, Freelancer
Narrative Designer, Freelancer